Organic Apoteke Rejuvenating Eye Cream
Have you ever bought a new anti aging eye cream that promises no wrinkles, bags and dark shadows, or puffiness, only to be disappointed by the total lack of results? The delicate skin around your eyes is the first to show signs of aging, lack of sleep, and an unhealthy lifestyle, so it shouldn’t come as a surprise that there is no miracle cure to repairing years of facial expression and bad habits.
Finding the right eye cream is essential to minimizing the aging factors around your sensitive eye area. But a more holistic approach, taking into account your lifestyle and beauty routine, will bring you even better results.
Use our advice below to start making the most of one of your best assets – younger looking, sparkling eyes.
Choosing an eye cream
- Avoid the alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs) found in many anti aging eye creams as these strip away the top layer of the skin, making it more delicate and vulnerable to the sun and other toxins. An organic eye cream is good choice as organic skin care tends to be purer and contains no alcohol, parabens or petrochemicals.
- Use products that are able to penetrate into the dermal layer of the skin as it is in this layer that the new cells, that produce younger-looking skin, are created.
- Look for organic eye creams containing bilberry and eyebright. These ingredients have anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce redness, strengthen blood vessels and act as a vein tonic. They can help rebuild the delicate capillaries in the eye area and help to minimise dark circles, puffiness and bags.
- Make sure your eye cream has a peptide complex, but be cautious about synthetic peptide complexes.
- Do not rub or apply pressure to the eye area as this will cause the small capillaries to burst, causing dark circles.
- A smooth eye cream that glides on is best. If you use a stiff product make sure to dab it on. Take care not to “drag” the cream around your eye, as stretching this delicate skin can do more harm than good.
- Make sure to use an eye cream year round.
- For puffy eyes, try a cold or iced compress (cucumber can also work). The cold helps to shrink swollen blood vessels.
- Avoid smoking and exposure to second-hand smoke.
- Limit consumption of caffeine and alcohol as they cause dehyration, making skin more vulnerable to wrinkles.
- Eat a well balanced diet to keep your eyes healthy. Green vegetables, raw cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, squash and sunflower seeds all provide valuable nutrients.
- Avoid excessive salt as it leads to fluid retention and puffy eyes.
- Get plenty of sleep and sleep with your head in a raised position to encourage fluid to drain away.
Organic Apoteke offers award-winning certified organic skin care, including an anti aging organic eye cream containing bilberry extract, eye bright extract and a smoothing natural peptide complex.