From fighting pimples to preventing wrinkles – men need to take care of their skin too. But this routine needs to be simple. So Men here’s your simple skin care guide.
“There’s no need for five-step peels or expensive serums”, says Howard Sobel, MD, a New York City-based dermatologist. “Layering on too many products can actually irritate skin. The key is washing and moisturizing every day and following a few maintenance basics.”
At Organic Apoteke we too believe in keeping skincare simple. And we have developed a simple range of products that answers all your skincare needs. For men we have the ideal 2 step solution.
Cleanse & Moisturise – and we have the 2 multipurpose effective products that will keep your skin clean, pollution free and healthy.
1. Cleanse The foundation of great skin is clean skin. Generally, the best practice is to wash your face upon waking and after any activity where you sweat, like exercise. However
it is most important though to wash your face before you go to bed. You never want to sleep with oil and sweat sitting in your pores. The Active Face Cleanse Gel is a gel-based cleanser – that is gentle on the skin but deeply purifies pores to keep skin clean and clear without causing any dryness.
2. Moisturise. The best skin moisturisers help keep skin cells hydrated (meaning your face will look firm and energized), help skin form a protective barrier that impurities entering into your pores, and also provide anti-aging benefits. The Active Face Hydrating Gel is an effective multifunction effective gel that moisturises, protects and nourishes the skin keeping it clear, healthy and smooth. The Active Face Hydrating Gel is recommended by GQ – Top 3 Moisturisers.
Other Basic Skin Maintenance Tips
1. Watch your shaving technique. For some men, multi-blade razors can work shave too closely to your skin. If you often experience razor bumps, razor burns, or ingrown hairs, use a single- or double-blade razor instead and do not stretch your skin taut while shaving. Also shave in the shower or immediately after as facial hairs get much softer from the warm water and steam; and if your skin is warm then the muscles around each hair follicle will be relaxed further preventing razor burn. Always shave in the direction of hair growth. Rinse after each swipe of the razor and change your blade after five to seven shaves to minimize irritation.
2. Use an Eye Cream – this helps take care of the delicate area around the eyes and prevent crows feet. Try the Rejuvenating Eye Cream – a light gel cream that disappears into the skin to firm and tone the delicate eye area.
3. Stay Hydrated — skin needs moisture from the inside too. Drink six to eight glasses of water a day. Also keep tabs on how much alcohol and caffeine you’re drinking. Both can make you dehydrated. Be sure to increase water intake after a night out or too many cups of java.
4. Reduce sugar. Indulge occasionally, but don’t make choc-chip cookies a daily snack. High-sugar diets cause inflammation, which can lead to breakouts and damaged skin. Stay away from candy and indulge your sweet cravings by snacking on fruit.
5. Quit Smoking. Amidst the more serious health issues smoking causes yellowed skin. It also decreases circulation and collagen production, so skin loses its natural colour and ends up looking sallow and yellow. Plus, smoking can lead to fine lines around the lips and other signs of premature aging.
6. Use a Detox Mask weekly – they help remove impurities that may have found its way into your pores. By detoxifying your skin regularly, you can also undo some of the damage caused by environmental pollutants.