Join our Butterfly Club!
Receive a 20% Discount on subscription as well as Members only monthly offers.
PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS OF KAPHA-PITTA-DOSHA
Kapha-Pitta is a mixed dosha type. Mixed constitutional types have characteristics of both constituent dosha types. Ayurveda keeps mixed dosha types healthy by recommending different food and routines at different times of the year.
When balanced – Kapha-Pitta types have a strong digestion that enables them to eat and digest almost anything they want. If they stay physically active they easily keep their weight stable.
When unbalanced – Kapha-Pitta types will gain weight rather quickly. They are also prone to oedema (swelling) on various parts of the body.
EMOTIONAL CHARACTERISTICS OF KAPHA-PITTA
Pitta-Vata types are very successful people as they have that rare blend of creativity and motivation.
When balanced – They are healthy, active and lively individuals are are the soul of social gatherings.
When imbalanced, They become angry, fearful and melancholic. They shy away from social situations out of fear.
HOW TO BALANCE KAPHA-PITTA
- Try to rise early in the morning, before sunrise.
2. Drink 100ml of hot water with a tablespoon of lemon juice on rising.
3. Do I-Yoga Sun Salutation, ideally 12 rounds of the sequence every morning.
4. Meditate for 5 to 10 minutes after yoga.
5. Take a warm shower or bath
6. Have Peppermint Tea daily.
7. Eat Breakfast containing fresh fruit
- Eat a medium portioned Lunch; if tried or sleepy after eating the portion was too large.
- Have Dinner before 7pm.
8. Eat Lunch as close to midday as possible. Need to have smaller portions and lighter food at lunch or it can result in tiredness in the afternoon.
9. Eat a Dinner between before 7pm. Dinner should be your largest meal.
10. Do I-Yoga Moon Salutation every evening. Complexing 6 rounds of the sequence at your own pace.
11. Try to get to bed by 10 pm. It is important that you maintain a regular routine.
12. You need to have least three regular meals regular a day. Ensure that you eat high protein food for dinner.
Products suitable for Kapha-Pitta Dosha
13. Due to this Kapha-Pitta constitution having a greater tendency to accumulate toxins in their body tissues especially the skin, you need a good skincare routine. The best routing for you is
Active Face Cleanser Gel – use this daily – morning and evening to deep cleanse pitaskin.
Buttermilk Cleanser – Use this to clean around eye area and to remove makeup.
Active Face Hydrate Gel – use this daily – morning and evening after cleansing face to hydrate skin.
Rejuvenating Eye Cream – use this daily – morning and evening around the eye area.
Detox Face Mask – use this twice weekly as directed on bottle. This mask deeply detoxifying and purifying.Dab small amounts on spots and leave overnight for an effective spot treatment.
Rasayana Rejuvenating Serum – for those who feel the need for anti-aging therapy. Add a few drops of this serum to your Rejuvenating Face Cream and massage onto face and neck.