Organic Apoteke Pitta-Kapha Diet Plan: Equal B & C
To find out more about Ayurveda and Siddha medicine and body types, go to About Ayurveda & Siddha Medicine.
Dual or mixed physiological types will tend to have characteristics of both its constituent dosha types. The traditional way Ayurveda worked with mixed dosh types was to have them change the kinds of foods they eat according to the seasons.
Pitta-Kapha has a strong digestion that enables one to eat and digest huge amounts of food. If they stay physically active they will keep their weight stable. Unfortunately, if these people do not remain very active physically they will gain weight rather quickly.
This type needs to follow the Kapha Diet Plan from September 21st to March 20th and the Pitta Diet Plan from the 21st of March to the 20th of September (Northern Hemisphere). It is the opposite way about in the Southern Hemisphere. In addition to these diet plans the following rules that apply strictly to this constitutional type need to be followed to maintain a balanced Pitta-Kapha.
Habits to Balance Pitta Kapha
- Wake up early ideally before sunrise.
- Drink 300ml of warm water on rising.
- Brush or scrape the tongue using a tongue scraper.
- Do I-Yoga Sun Salutation or exercise for 20 to 30 minutes every morning.
- Meditate for 10 minutes.
- Take a hot bath or shower.
- Have Ginger Tea daily.
- Eat Breakfast containing fresh fruit
- Eat a medium portioned Lunch; if tried or sleepy after eating the portion was too large.
- Have Dinner before 7pm.
- Do I-Yoga Moon Salutation every evening before bed.
- Go to bed by 10 pm.
- Due to this type of constitution accumulating toxins in their body tissues especially skin they need to use Active Face Cleanse Gel to clean face daily and Detox Face Mask at least once weekly. To keep skin hydrated and pores healthy they should moisturise with Active Face Hydrating Gel.
Pitta Kapha types have to make sure not to overeat nor to indulge in desserts.
They do need three meals a day. Breakfast, lunch and dinner should be roughly the same portion size. They need to figure out the ideal portion size for their bodies, if sleepy after a meal then they have eaten too much. They should feel energised after every meal.
Pitta Kapha types need more food than the other body types. They need to eat every five or six hours and should not skip meals. They need a regular meal schedule and should not snack between meals.