Organic Apoteke Vata-Pitta-Kapha Diet Plan: Equal A & B & C
To find out more about Ayurveda and Siddha medicine and body types, go to About Ayurveda & Siddha Medicine.
About Vata-Pitta-Kapha or Tridosha
The Vata-Pitta-Kapha or Equal type is considered to be rare. This constitutional type is the least common, representing less than five percent of the population. They group have the strongest immunity and are rarely sick.
Most foods in moderation are good for this type. They should avoid too many sweets and too much fried or oily food as their Kapha side can increase.
They should also avoid too much fermented or pungent food – avoid daily consumption – because their Pitta side can easily become aggravated.
Lastly, regular meals are very important to keep their Vata side in balance and stable. Hence, they should consume food in moderate amounts and at regular intervals during the day.
Seasonal foods are the best for everyone but it is of particular importance for this constitutional type.
The seasonal changing of diet plans according to constitution is not required for the Vata-Pitta-Kapha type. However, if there is a sign of weight gain, the person can follow the Kapha Diet Plan from the 1st of December to the end of March (Northern Hemisphere). If in the Southern Hemisphere follow the Kapha Diet Plan from 1 April to 1 September.
Habits to Balance Tridosha
- Wake up early ideally at 4 am.
- Drink 300ml of warm water on rising.
- Bruch or scrape the tongue with a tongue scraper.
- Massage Gums with Sesame oil
- If you have been thought how - Do Jal Neti (nasal wash).
- Add one drop of ghee to each nostril
- Do I-Yoga Sun Salutation every morning (start with as many sequences as you can cope with and try to build up to 48 rounds daily).
- Meditate for 20 minutes.
- Bath in water that is not too hot.
- Drink Ginger Masala Chai or 1 Cup of Coffee (only on drink containing caffeine per day ideally before lunch.
- Drink only caffeine-free herbal teas and water after lunch.
- Eat a Breakfast of fresh fruit after 10 am.
- Eat a small portion for Lunch; if tried or sleepy after eating the quantity was too much
- Eat a very small and light Dinner no later than 6pm.
- Do a I-Yoga Moon Salutation and some Deep Yoga Stretching every evening.
- Go to bed by 10 pm.
- Ensure that you read books that inspire you.
If you are under extreme stress for long periods of time this could upset your tridosha. You should then follow the Kapha Diet Plan from late fall (autumn) to end of winter, the Pitta Diet Plan from early spring until mid-summer and the Vata Diet Plan from late summer to late fall (autumn).