Join our Butterfly Club!
Receive a 20% Discount on subscription as well as Members only monthly offers.
PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS OF PITTA-VATA DOSHS
Pitta-Vata is a mixed dosha type. Mixed constitutional types have characteristics of both constituent dosha types. Ayurveda keeps mixed dosha types healthy by recommending different food and routines at different times of the year.
When balanced – Pitta-Vata types are able to digest foods well. They tend to favour light, easy to digest food. They do well on a diet of small meals regularly. And they thrive – they are highly creative and highly motivated.
When unbalanced – Pitta-Vata types crave acidic, fermented and pungent foods can aggravate their Pitta symptoms. They can become angry, aggressive or melancholic and depressed.
EMOTIONAL CHARACTERISTICS OF PITTA-VATA
Pitta-Vata types are very successful people as they have that rare blend of creativity and motivation.
When balanced – They are creative, flexible and able to achieve great success..
When imbalanced, They become angry, aggressive or melancholic. They are no longer productive and can exhibit delinquent behaviour.
HOW TO BALANCE PITTA-VATA
- Try to rise early in the morning, before sunrise.
2. Drink 500ml of warm water on rising.
3. Do I-Yoga Sun Salutation, ideally 12 rounds of the sequence every morning.
4. Meditate for 5 to 10 minutes after yoga.
5. Take a warm shower or bath
6. Eat a small Breakfast. Your ideal breakfast is Ayurvedic Oatmeal.
7. Eat Lunch as close to midday as possible Lunch can include some raw food at Lunch.
8. Eat a Dinner between 6-7pm. Dinner should include mainly cooked food
9. Do I-Yoga Moon Salutation every evening. Complexing 6 rounds of the sequence at your own pace.
10. Massage the bottoms of you feet with oil, put socks on (to protect the sheets).
11. Try to get to bed by 10 pm. It is important that you maintain a regular routine.
Pay Attention to Your Diet
12 .Because you have such a refined digestive system, the quality of food that you eat should be made a priority: organic, local, and seasonal.
13. You need to have at least three meals a day or up to 6 small ones. You do need to eat at regular intervals. Breakfast, lunch and dinner should be about the same portion size. Portion size will vary from person to person, depending on age, sex and profession. Find the portion that works for your body. The right portion means that you will not need to snack between meals.
14. Always eat in a calm and relaxed environment. Take time to lay your table and enjoy your meal. Avoid the tendency to rush through meals.
15. Have regular treatments that stimulate the lymphatic system and metabolism like the Marma V or Marma P Massage Rituals.
16 Have a regular facial to keep it your skin looking healthy. A monthly Rasayana Facial is recommended for you and a Dermal Renewal Treatment at least twice a year to maintain the health and tone of your skin.
Products suitable for Pitta-Vata skin
17. Pitta-Vata skin is beautiful, but can be prone to eczema (dryness) and inflammation. A good skincare routine is recommended.We recommend the following routine.